15 Feb The High Cost of Headaches & Migraines
Chronic Headaches and Migraines
Millions of Americans suffer from chronic headaches & migraines. Surprisingly, many are not receiving any type of treatment. Why not? Many fear the addictive effects of painkillers. Others feel the drugs do not help enough. And others are concerned with the high cost of these treatments.
What Are Headaches and Migraines Costing You?
But what is the true cost of chronic headaches and migraines? It may be higher than you realize. Besides what you may have spent on medications and doctor visits, what are the costs to your life?
This brief questionnaire can help you assess what your condition is really costing you. Ask yourself the following questions. Write down your answers to help you evaluate where you are.
1. How many days per month are you affected by headache pain or a migraine?
2. What activities in the past few months have you had to endure instead of enjoy because of a migraine or a headache?
3. What specific activities in the past few months have you had to skip due to headaches or migraines?
4. How have headaches or migraines affected your work performance?
5. How have they affected your time with family and friends?
Count the Cost
- If you answered question one with 3 or more, did you realize you have had over a month of lost or unproductive days this year due to headache pain alone?
- Look at the rest of your answers. What stands out to you? Is it:
- a loss of work productivity
- missed activities
- time with family or friends?
Whatever your answer, it may be obvious to you now that you need to address your headache issues.
However, if you’re like most people, the idea of medical treatment for chronic pain is frightening. Because of the recent opioid addiction epidemic, many people are looking for drug-free pain treatment. Headaches and migraines are no exception.
Causes of Chronic Headaches
Did you know that your pain could be caused by spinal misalignment? Since the nerves in the spine are connected to every part of your body, they can be a source of pain almost anywhere. Many chronic pain conditions can be traced to the spine. This is especially true of migraines and chronic headaches.
If the bones in the spine are out of alignment, they can put pressure on its nerves. This often results in pain in another area of the body. Headaches, especially chronic ones, are often caused by this condition.
Holistic Headache & Migraine Treatment
At Travis Chiropractic in South Tulsa, we specialize in gentle, holistic, drug-free treatment of chronic headaches and migraines. Through gentle, spinal adjustments, we get to the root of the problem and help you find relief! Many patients report dramatic results from just a few treatments.
If you suffer from chronic headaches or migraines, don’t wait any longer. Please call us at 918-224-2225 today! Your first visit is always free. We will give you a full examination, discuss your symptoms, and design a treatment plan specifically for you!